morning stories: #2 communities
For this episode, we turn to the idea of community. By looking at examples of communities coming together in South Africa around land and housing rights, in Sri Lanka to save an ancient Tamil temple, and in the UK to resist immigration raids, we want to show that starting small can have a big impact.
With thanks to the Adrian Brinkerhoff Poetry Foundation, Poet in the City, and Matthew Thompson for permission to use Juliet Stevenson’s reading of Emily Dickinson’s poem “‘Hope’ is the thing with feathers’.
- Juliet Stevenson reads Emily Dickinson's “’Hope' is the thing with feathers"
- Spaccanapoli - Pummarola Black
- Aurelio - Lumalali Limanaga
- Afriquoi - Ndeko Solo
- Little Simz - Point and Kill
- Terez Sliman - When the Waves
- A.R. Rahman - Jiya Jale
- Dhee, Arivu, Santhosh Narayanan - Enjoy Enjaami
- Molly Johnson - Inner City Blues
- Yula Kasp, MI.RO - Hope is the Thing with Feathers