morning stories: #3 strikes
This episode is about strikes. We talk about strikes large and small — the general strikes in Ecuador and Colombia, the women’s strike in the Arab world, and strikes of delivery company workers including the Gorillas workers in Berlin. We talk about how our bodies, voices, and labour can be used to enact change. And play music about different forms of resistance.
With thanks to Jordanian feminist collective takatoat and Gorillas Workers’ Collective for their contributions.
- - GmacCash – On strike
- - The Staple Singers – Why? (Am I Treated So Bad)
- - Lido Pimienta – Resisto Y Ya
- - ChocQuibTown – Oro
- - Les Amazones d'Afrique – I Play The Kora
- - Mira Calix – a mark of resistance
- - Mashrou’ Leila – Lil Watan
- - EBOW (feat. Esrap) -–Deine Straßen
- - Mikis Theodorakis - Otan Sfigoun to Heri
- - Stereolab – Ping Pong
- - Grup Yorum – Bella Ciao (Çav Bella)